News & Events
Types of Self Adhesive VinylsDec-04-2018
Blue Rhine offers a broad range of Self adhesive Vinyls which allows businesses to flaunt their signage creativity. The peel and stick self-adhesive films are ideal for numerous signage projects and vehicle wrapping. There are mainly 3 types of vinyl and each has the unique characteristics and quality that is different from others.
Monomeric vinyl is the most selling vinyl (highest by quantity) because it is the most cost-effective vinyl and good for printing with eco-solvent inks & UV inks. Monomeric Vinyl is mostly used in indoor graphics and short-term outdoor graphics and leaves its impression for 12-18 months, and for longer duration with lamination. It is used mainly for flat surface applications. The Price: Performance ratio of monomeric vinyl makes it suitable for certain applications like Doors and cupboards and short-term or long-term promotions.
Polymeric indoor-graphics vinyl films are recommended for a wide range of applications on flat and slightly curved substrates and leaves the impression for long time ranging from 18 months to 3 years. The main difference between Monomeric Vinyl and Polymeric Vinyl is that the Monomeric Vinyl has a double bond between two carbon atoms, whereas the Polymeric Vinyl has no double bonds in their Carbon structure, making it ideal for outdoor applications. It’s excellent printability and handling on most printers make it suitable for vehicle wrapping on cars and truck bodies which are exposed to sunlight throughout the day. Polymeric vinyl lasts longer than monomeric vinyl in outdoor conditions and therefore is more expensive.
Cast Vinyl is a high-end Vinyl and has strongest chemical bond in polyvinylchloride (PVC). Cast films are considered the industry premium as films are ideal for complex surfaces such as vehicles and contoured surfaces. The cast vinyl takes on a paint-like appearance when applied to a vehicle surface. Laminated cast vinyl signages can expect long durability of up to 3-4 years. Since cast vinyl has the strongest chemical bond in PVC & is usually made in small batches, it’s the most expensive compared to other types of vinyl.
Considering the extreme weather conditions in the Middle East and our experience in this region, the actual durability of the Vinyl is almost half of what is recommended by the Vinyl manufactures of U.S & Europe. As there is exposure of extreme sunlight in this region, the durability cannot be same as recommended for projects based in countries like US and Europe, where whether conditions are different.
In case of outdoor graphics, especially South facing in the Northern hemisphere or North facing in the Southern hemisphere are more prone to degrading much faster than the recommended time by manufacturers. Moreover, the manufacturers only give warranties on unprinted. Manufacturers also do not guarantee horizontal application of graphics, as it exposes the vinyl to maximum numbers of hours of sunlight.
We exclusively stock materials from industry leaders such as Aslan, Intercoat, General formulations, Rhine Graphics, Venus & Avery Dennison to supply the best products materials for superb signage & Point of sale (POS) applications. We recommend the use of good quality inks and printers to ensure the maximum durability for outdoor application and the best print results. Please get in touch if you like to know more about the right product for your upcoming project.
- Extending our services to Kuwait
- Product Seminar on Premium German Solutions
- Digital Xerography & Offset Synthetic Paper in UAE
- Blue Rhine at SGI Dubai 2019 - Bigger than ever
- Hybrid Monster : JHF H3370 Hybrid UV Printer
- AVERY DENNISON - Professional Workshop - Oman
- Rhine Graphics featured in Printweek MEA Feb-15-2015
- SGI 2015
- New Product Launch - SGI 2015
- Exclusive range of Digital Print Media products
- TESA 51966
- Machinery featured in Printweek MEA
- LED Linear Strips for Cove Lighting
- Blue Rhine & Intercoat in Printweek MEA
- Light Middle East 2013 Invitation
- Media Seminar
- Oppboga Excellent Boards for printing
- Mustang Chrome
- Al Ghurair Printing & Publishing steps up and gets the reward
- Our Headquarter Reclocation
- Sign & Graphics - Dubai 2016 Jan-11-2016
- Blackman and White - Versa-Tech Flatbed Cutter Nov-01-2014
- Anand Joseph delivers Keynote at IMT Business School Dubai
- Blue Rhine at Big5 Dubai 2018
- Gitex Technology Week 2017 is upon us, Philips Video wall to shine at Etisalat booth
- Peerless-AV Xtreme High Brightness Outdoor Displays
- Etisalat partners with Philips for stunning 4K Videowalls featured at Gitex Tech Week 2017
- DECO Emirates gets new machinery - Accurate fiber laser
- Anand Joseph featured in LG Business Solutions 'See the signs' 2017 Report
- Cast and Extruded Acrylic Sheets
- Oman Open house comes with surprises - 29,30th Oct '18
- SGI Dubai 2018 - The next step for Blue Rhine
- Jeddah Openhouse 2018 is right around the corner!!!
- Types of Self Adhesive Vinyls
- Blue Rhine Dubai Openhouse 2018 - 17,18th December